Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prompt 52

“I have a square chimney sweep brush. You can borrow it and bring it back when you are done so someone else can use it.  (207)975-7011 or (207)785-3671 Appleton”


Winter hits the little town of Appleton just like it hits the rest of Maine, always making life as rough as possible. Everyone knows how pricey it is to keep your house warm. Everyone tries to rely on wood heat as much as possible to keep that oil bill down. I've always shared this old chimney brush with my neighbors, always helping to get ready for winter. I figured this year I might as well see if anyone else needs to use it and post a little ad in Uncle Henry's, I figure everyone needs to prepare for winter and it might help a few people out.

1 comment:

  1. Strange ad! He might have put in what size brush it is!

    The first three sentences of your prompt reaction, especially the first, really have some snap to them, pull the reader in. Then the piece kind of peters out, simply repeating what is already clear from the ad itself. Endings can be tough!

    ReplyDelete