Today was the last day of my summer break from school, and was a pretty average day in just about every way imaginable. I woke up around seven this morning to work on my writers autobiography for this class for a few minutes before I had to get ready for work, and managed to get the first person point of view finished. I went to work at eleven and worked till about seven thirty. I’m a manager at a fast food restaurant, which isn’t really the coolest job on earth, but it pays pretty well, provides a scholarship for me, and is something I actually enjoy doing. It’s fast paced, and when you get into management always has new things to learn. Today was a relatively slow day, but went by in a blur like any other. After work I came straight home, took a shower then sat down to write this paper. I have to head to work early tomorrow morning, so I mentally planned out my journal entry about twenty minutes ago and I’m typing it quickly so I can head to bed.
Why not double down on "average day"? It may be average to you, but it's a mystery from an outsider's point of view--new things to learn? a blur? fast pace? Phrases and words like that are your chance to give us visuals, offer mini-stories, little moments.
ReplyDeleteGo into settings and change the word verification from yes to no, ok?