Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Journal Day Three

Today was a fairly interesting day. I slept in pretty late, after having such a long day yesterday, and went to work at one. At work today we were making plans for a protest that’s happening against us tomorrow against low wages. We’re having all our employees arrive before the protest starts and scheduling nobody in until it ends so that none of them get harassed. People protesting my work for wages seems funny to me, since our owner actually pays well. Most people don’t think about the fact that fast food places are independently owned, so the differ a lot between each other. At the place I work at I make more than anyone I can think of that doesn't have a degree or tons of work experience, so I’m pretty content with it. Beyond this, it was a pretty average day. I left work a little after ten and got home at the same time as my girlfriend, and I’m now writing this while she watches some t.v. show that has the girl that plays April from parks and rec in it.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that the workers aren't protesting--someone else, presumably some busybodies, are!

    ReplyDelete