Saturday, September 21, 2013

Prompt 14

To me, writing is just about the same thing as talking. Everything I write I word in the same way I would if I was just having a simple conversation. I feel that because of this my writing is won’t ever be too spectacular, as I’m really only good at writing in the same way that I would talk. Any form of writing outside of that is usually a stretch for me, and I can never find a way to make things sound quite right. Also, I feel like I can only make my writing sound natural when it’s something I would actually say.

1 comment:

  1. You're in the answering-question mode and not the writing mode with these prompts. The point isn't to pass along information, which you do here and in the ipod piece--the point is to use these prompts to write a freestanding piece. If this were mine, I'd try a translation: here's the way I say (and write) something, and now here's the fancy way I think English teachers wish I would write it.

    I'm not asking for a rewrite on this one unless you have an idea for opening it up, but it seems clear how you can rewrite the ipod piece, so concentrate on that.

    ReplyDelete