I've never been big into taking photographs, in fact I hate having them taken of me, but I do have a few that I like. I don’t have any real photo albums so they’re all sort of strewn around the internet, but I suppose I’ll pretend they’re all in one place for the purpose of this. One of my favorite photograph is one I have as my facebook picture of me and my girlfriend, with me next to her laughing while she’s trying sushi for one of the first times at a restaurant. Another of my favorites is one from high school of all my friends sitting together at lunch. My all time favorite photograph though is of a huge family get together from years ago at my grandmothers old house. It has around thirty people in it, with almost all of my extended family together, which doesn't happen too often.
"I've never been big into taking photographs, in fact I hate having them taken of me, but I do have a few that I like. I don’t have any real photo albums so they’re all sort of strewn around the internet, but I suppose I’ll pretend they’re all in one place for the purpose of this."
ReplyDeleteMaterial like this is wheelspinning--words that don't actually get us anywhere into the piece. If you drop them and start "One of my favorite photographs..." you have a stronger opening.
But you still would need a real closing. As it is, this just stops rather than finding a good way to end.
Well, some assignments are turn-ons, others are turn-offs.