Walking down the tiny back road I've grown up on surrounded by miles of woods and the calming sound of birds, squirrels, and a running stream, enclosed on all sides by nature, there's a sense of peace that couldn't be had anywhere else. The road goes on for what feels like forever, and it gets to be such rough terrain that I've never made it to the end of it. If you walk far enough you'll make it a series of small ponds, a couple of huge houses that I've never seen anyone drive to, and eventually all out wilderness.
Again, this has the feeling of an unfinished vignette--vignettes have to give the reader a jolt--we suddenly see things differently or recognize that something is unusual or are surprised. Here, none of that. Try a rewrite--and if you want to use "sense of peace," you're going to have to do more than generally say nature makes you feel that way.
ReplyDelete