Thursday, October 17, 2013

Prompt 36


Driving up high street I see the familiar bustle of traffic that I’ve gotten to know so well, all following the same routine patterns. Driving past the stores, restaurants, and gas stations the traffic flows in the like usual, getting backed up in the same places as people slow down and change lanes to avoid the same potholes and rough patches, or creating traffic jams as groups of cars turn in popular businesses. The busy street that a lot of people see as chaotic and hectic looks to me like a smooth economical system. The constantly filled street that thousands of people commute through every day contrasts to the rest of the tiny boring city, standing as the only real bit of city life for miles.

1 comment:

  1. I find scene descriptions hard--when I read, I skip over them. When I write, they tend to describe and detail what I see without really nailing the feeling of a place. This is a workmanlike job, no complaints, but as with my stuff, I don't think this really captures the feeling of the place (Ellsworth, right?)

    ReplyDelete