Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Journal Entry 8

Today was a nice relaxing day. I didn't have to work so I slept in extremely late, and didn't get up till around 12. After I got up, I cleaned my car a little then went to the coach house with my girlfriend for breakfast. After that we went to her work to pick up some food a coworker made for her, then headed to her grandmothers house. I dropped her off there so she could do some laundry while I went to my night class. I got an awesome banana smoothie at the cafe in EMCC before class, and we worked on doing a small presentation for the chapter we read in small groups. We did our presentation on neurotransmitters, which is a pretty cool subject and went pretty well. On a side note, presenting stuff in front of groups is probably my biggest fear in the world. People always think it’s odd because I’m extremely outgoing and talkative and can talk fine in front of groups, but for some reason when I have to plan out things to say instead of just winging it, it’s an entirely different situation and is something I can barely do. Whenever I try I stutter, can’t think straight, and just get unbelievably nervous. Luckily I didn't have to do a very big part and it went fine. Most of the talking I did was answering some questions from the class and the teacher, which I have no problem doing. After class I picked up my Briana and came home, and now she’s watching some Patrick Dempsey movie while I type this.

1 comment:

  1. "for some reason when I have to plan out things to say instead of just winging it, it’s an entirely different situation and is something I can barely do. Whenever I try I stutter, can’t think straight, and just get unbelievably nervous."

    Believe it or not, although I've made my living speaking in front of groups for 42 years, I am not a happy public speaker and feel all the symptoms you do when I am out of my safe little classroom, speaking, for instance, to my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete