Saturday, September 7, 2013

Prompt #6

Prompt Six

While I don’t have a dedicated box or drawer for the things I care about, I have collected a few things that are important to me. At the foot of my bed I have glass picture from that my girlfriend gave me with an old picture of us in it that I love to death. Next to it sits a card she made me for our first valentines day, that I also love. As far as non-romantic keepsakes go, I have a engraved knife that my uncle made me, and a record I bought at a concert I went to with a group of friends from high school, none of which I keep in contact with because I’ve been working and going to school non stop since then. I have a purple shirt that me and a friend who was killed in a car accident about three years ago both had. My newest addition to my list of important things is a wallet sized picture on my nightstand of my friend Jesse who was killed last month when a handgun he was fooling around with accidentally went off.
All these things surround me while I’m at home, and constantly remind me of what’s important in life.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the specifics you mention and you give us just enough information on each one, but, most of all, I like the way you close this and bring everything together.

    ReplyDelete