Sunday, September 8, 2013

Prompt Eight

The first car I ever bought was a white 2001 Toyota Corolla. Anyone who has had one knows it’s about a basic as a car can come. Mine’s a CE model with absolutely no options. It’s got cloth seats, crank windows, a cassette player and speakers made of paper. Before I had this car I knew hardly anything about cars. I knew I liked nice cars, but couldn't tell you much about how they worked. While this car probably wouldn't be called a favorite by anybody, I've loved it. I've learned tons about working on cars, and have gotten it to just about perfect condition. I've replaced struts, linkages, bushings, gaskets, and panels to take it from being about the only car I could afford in high school to something that’s probably gonna outlive just about any car. I've learned tons about electrical systems and car audio, and have just had a blast both working on it and using it. I've spent countless hours putting my car sideways in the snow in the middle of the night, and have spent even more hours with my car up on jacks. It’s given me a true love of cars, and will always be one of the best cars I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Compare this to the photo album piece!

    Here there's a real start and close, lots of detail, some pride, passion, and excitement in the writing. Use this as a model for what you can do when a topic works for you and--if a topic doesn't work for you, see if you can turn it into one that does.

    For example, if you have a photo of that Corolla, you could have written about that in the other prompt response!

    ReplyDelete